Encouraging Musical Life in Plymouth
Plymouth Music Accord is a Registered Charity supporting the appreciation and performance of music around Plymouth for the benefit of all and the young in particular.
We raise money to to fund our work with children and young people - encouraging and developing musical interest and talent.
Our activities include:
- Championing live music in the Plymouth area
- Providing free tickets for children to attend concerts
- Funding group tuition in secondary schools
- "Internships" for young musicians to work with orchestras, choirs, etc.
- "Young Musicians' Platform" helping talented young people start a musical career
- Representing local orchestras, choirs, ensembles and venues
- Producing a Concert Diary listing our members' events
You can help..
..by coming to concerts, becoming a member, sponsoring our work or making a donation.
Please browse our website to find out more.
Wednesday September 14 at 1pm
Duke of Cornwall Hotel, Plymouth
Jeanie Moore MVO - 23rd International Concert Series
Alice Vickery - singer
Alice is a former "intern" and a Young Musicians' Platform success.
We are proud and delighted to have Julian Lloyd Webber as President of Plymouth Music Accord. After a stellar career as internationally famous cellist and recording artist, Julian is now Principal of the Birmingham Conservatoire.
He is very active in promoting musical education in schools and is founder of the British Government's In Harmony programme. He is also Chair of Sistema England, encouraging community development through music in some of Englandís most deprived areas.
"Our dream is that EVERY child should have access to music"
Julian Lloyd Webber
Contact the Plymouth Music Accord
For general enquiries please contact the Secretary:
14 Kingsland Gardens Close
Plymouth PL3 5NR
Tel: 01752 262668
For specific functions please see our Contact List